Is your energy bill increasing, and you’re not sure why? Follow these 10 steps to perform a lighting energy audit for your business. Lighting Solutions know best-practice resolutions to save you money on your energy bill.
Save Money With Energy Audits
In the beginning stages of your business, carefully planning your budget was an essential part of the process. From choosing a location to picking your lighting solutions, meeting budget requirements was crucial.
Now that you’ve scaled your budget, that doesn’t mean you should be paying more for your lighting and energy.
So if your business’s energy bill is more than usual, it’s time for a lighting audit. Undergoing a commercial energy audit saves money, identifies areas of improvement, and reduces the negative impact on the environment.
Lighting Solutions make energy audits seamless and painless.
Here are the steps we follow to perform an energy-efficient audit:
- Light Satisfaction: The first step is all about customer interaction. We ask our building owner clients if they’re satisfied with their light level intensity, ensuring that they’re happy with their lighting in all areas of the building.
- Energy Usage: Next, we ask our customers to provide us with the last 12 months of their energy bill to analyze which areas of the building require more energy.
- Energy Consulting: Then, we inquire about the amount of time each area is lit weekly and consult with the building owner on how to limit usage.
- Building Owner Walkthrough: After receiving a copy of the building’s blueprints, our lighting specialist walks each facility area and measures it.
- Foot-Candle Readings: Next, we use a light meter to take foot-candle readings of each space.
- Fixture Analysis: Our lighting solutions specialist observes how each light fixture type is mounted and provides photos for each space.
- Energy Efficiency: The next step is to select energy-efficient lighting that provides similar amounts of lumens with a similar distribution and lamp color temperature.
- Calculate Energy Savings: We then utilize a software program to calculate savings and prepare presentation information to the building owner.
- Energy Management: Our lighting solutions specialist then consults with the customer on strategies to conserve energy and make space look brighter without increasing energy usage.
- Local Utility Company Inquiry: Finally, we check with the local utility company for any energy-saving rebates available.
A Lighting Solution That Saves Money
One energy-efficient way to save money in lighting is to install LED bulbs in your business. We advise building owners to utilize LEDs for several reasons:
- A True Savings Solution: Because LED lights generally have life spans of up to 125,000 hours, we recommend reducing spending on replacement bulbs.
- Reduces Downtime: LED bulbs will also minimize company downtime because building maintenance won’t need to replace bulbs often, which can typically cause a workflow disruption for employees.
- A Positive Environmental Impact: An interesting fact about LED bulbs is their impact on the environment. LEDs provide a safer working environment for employees by reducing accidents and injuries.
- Increased Company Morale: The pure, white light emitted by LED bulbs emulates sunlight, resulting in positive company morale, productivity, and mental performance.
Let Us Conduct Your Lighting Energy Audit
At Lighting Solutions, we’ve developed an innovative energy audit program that allows you to save money, time, and energy.
As a part of our complete light energy audit, we’ll provide you with both a lighting audit and an energy audit. You’ll also get an energy assessment to ensure we have all the information we need to help your business’s’ overall savings. The best part is we’ll provide you with a customized lighting solution that fits perfectly with your budget, energy, and space requirements.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced lighting technicians.